Camper Community Forums banner

Know any places to camp near a TRAIN Ride attraction?

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  emmabrianmic 
#1 ·
I am looking for places to travel to that has a passenger railway. Obviously I don't want a commuter train or anything like that but more along the lines of the Smokey Mtn Railroad in Bryson City, NC.

Anyone know of a good place?

#8 ·
I don't know if you want a children's train ride, but you can check out Thomas the Train. They have them all over the country.
We go to Strasburg, Pa.Strasburg Rail Road - Lancaster County, Pennsylvania We stayed at Hersey Highmeadow Campground. Official Website for Hershey Highmeadow Campground - Located in Hershey, PA There are some closer Millbridge Campground in Ronks.

My friend works on the Adirondack Scenic Railway,NY. Adirondack Scenic Railroad | Utica | Thendara | Saranac Lake | Lake Placid | New York | Polar Express | Foliage. A lot of campgrounds in the area.

Welcome This is along the Delaware River. Camping in Jersey or Penn.

www.newhoperailroad.com/ Another one in Penn. New Hope.

I gave you some info. If you need more let us know. Bob

#9 ·
@all- Wow, I didn't realize that there were so many. Thanks for all your suggestions, keep them coming if anyone knows of more. I'm bookmarking all of them.

@bob - mapped that one out last night, I can't wait to go. It appears there is a campground within just a few miles of it that is open until the end of November. Maybe we can fit that one in before Thanksgiving. - thanks

@dogbone- Thomas the Train was at the Bryson City, NC great smokey mtn railway when we were there earlier this year. It was a madhouse lol. My youngest is 10 so I think we are past that. I was just glad they were offering other excursions that day also. Thanks for all the great info.

#11 ·
Jellystone campground TN

Bringing my brother in law camping for the first time, He been on the sick side but since he move in my home seems to be getting better. He has never done anything like it, he is a big kid at heart 64 and love kids and handing out candy at Halloween Heck he even wants to dress up. Jellystone campground in Cosby TN One of the best for Halloween fun even for grown ups heck you even dress up you campers to join in on the fun and can be judged and win a prize. Best of all meet my grandkids and see them all dressed up really cool for sure. By the way HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL.:10220::thumbup1:

#13 ·
Still trying to git-outta-town

I'm still stuck here at the ole homestead. (michigan) Waiting for my home to finish the short-sale.
Keep going to the TT and filling it up with stuff I can't live without?....:scratchhead:
I'm getting kinda worried about pulling my TT with my Minivan in rough weather.
Any stories to help me feel better??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.