Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in the beginning phase to fulfill our dream of seeing America in a RV!!! Any and all information on the ins and outs of full time rving would be greatly appreciated. Just started looking not sure if we want to tow a trailer so that we have freedom with a car to travel to sites or get an rv and tow a car..need pros and cons. An estimate of what it costs to live on the road would be helpful. Thank you for any information you share with us. Mary Jane

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome to the forum, your question is a loaded one with MANY answers and opinions.....

I suggest that you read some threads here for both pro & con Travel Trailer and or RV then aks the members who own each.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome to the forum ! I fulltime in a fifth-wheel camper, prior to this one, I owned several travel trailers. My motivation for choosing those over a motor home was an experience my uncle had while he was traveling the country. While in the mid-western part of the country, he broke down and required service, all of the garages locally wouldn't touch it because it was an rv, wouldn't fit in their garage, etc.
The end result was him having to have it towed over 125 miles...ouch! that cost some money! I figured after that, it's easier to find what you need to fix a truck than a motor home.... but that's just my opinion, I have real bad luck with mr murphy.....:rotflmao1:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input, we are looking for a light weight travel trailer that we can haul with an eight cylinder jeep grand chereke. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts