Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen our Marines, the Marching Twenty-Four, perform silent precision exhibition drills.
This group here also puts on an incredible demonstration. When I originally viewed this video I thought it was the Brit's with the arm swing. The Canadians march the same way and always thought it looked smart and uniform to see this style of marching.

This is a military unit from Norway performing in Brazil.
Kinda makes you proud to be a Norwegian! Yikes... how can I say that, I'm a Dane!:smack-head:

WeberTube - Norwegian Military Marching Band

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I grew-up in the Pacific Northwest and remember WWII like it was yesterday. We lived in Tacoma, Washington with McCord Air Force Base on one side of us and Fort Lewis on the other. Then we would take trips to Bremerton to see some of our battle ships come in for repairs.

Two beautiful birds from WWII were the P-51 Mustang and the British Spitfire. After the war we would go down to Puget Sound and watch an air show. What an unforgettable thrill it was to see those Mustangs roar over our heads at about 50 feet.

Both the Mustang and the Spitfire were faster and could out maneuver the German ME 109. Many Brit's have said the Spitfire saved much of England from total destruction. Some very good movies came from the 'Battle of Britain.'

Here's a very well documented dogfight between P-51 Mustangs and the ME 109's over Germany.

Bud Anderson, Triple Ace, flying 'Old Crow.'
Dogfight From World War II - Video

Bud Anderson's 'Old Crow' web-site, great pictures, and the music isn't bad either. You will note some of the modifications made to the Mustang. The major one being the addition of the Rolls Royce engines and the canopy configuration.
Bud Anderson's P-51 Mustang "Old Crow" Web Page

1 - 2 of 2 Posts