Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It gets hard to think straight when I can't go camping to clear my head. I got all my fishing gear all cleaned up and squared away, and to help get rid of the no camping blues, I started cleaning my camping gear. By the time nice weather gets here I'll be in great shape. My camping and fishing gear always looks great at the start of each seasen. I spend more time cleaning than I should, but it gives me a chance to see if I should fix or replace something. But I do go to Cabellas or gANDER MOUTAIN every once in a while just to see if they have something that is better than what I just cleaned. I realy don't need an excuse to go to a sporting goods store, I just tell my non camping friends I need a few tings to make camping more enjoyable. It's time to go and finish laundry so I can have clean clothes for work tomorrow.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It does sound like you clean a lot, which is not a bad habit to have I dont think. I am with you, I feel like I am in hibernation mode. Oh well, I enjoy the holidays, so that will carry me from now till Jan. anyway. Then at that point, its kind of like hump day during the week, we are almost back to camping season again. I can definitely relate to the sporting good stores also, spend a lot of time there myself, more looking that buying, but I like to see what I might need (want) for next year.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When it's a 110 degrees in the shade, that's when I hibernate. I hold up most of the summer in my dark place, with the a/c cranked up and blowing like a winter storm. I hate summer. lol. The heat, the humidity, the bears and snakes. You guys can have it. I'll work nights and sleep the days away through summer. Autumn brings an awakening. Winter is full swing camping for me. Spring brings the storms, so I am busy intercepting tornados for the NWS. The first 90 degree day of summer, I cover the windows and crank up the a/c and crawl into a nice sleeping position. ~X

1 - 3 of 3 Posts