Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:10220:Finally starting the life I’ve been waiting for. First time travel trailer and second time camper (1st time was tenting, instant-love). But this time a lifer.
I live in Michigan and beentheredonethat....ready to venture on-ward. Want to go everywhere and C everything.
Where to start, any suggestions? :shrug:
C U soon around the ole camp fire!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
welcome

exciting stuff indeed, Gerry:welcome:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks!!

:10220: Gerry!! c u soon!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome aboard since moving into the Smokey Mountains can't get enough good place to start camping IMO that is.:welcome::10220::thumbup1::way-to-go:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smokey Mountains

Sounds good and scaarrryyy!!! all those windie rounds!!!:thumbup1: but I'll try anything once!

·
Registered
971 Posts
What fun and potential!!! Please share your stories. We might even be able to share some ideas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
artmart

Wow!! 1 of my distant destinations is CA.. :thumbup1:can't wait to C the PO and mayB learn to Surf! get your camera's ready!

·
Registered
971 Posts
If you are just 'learning' to surf, I'll make sure I use an underwater camera :D

I'm sorry, I don't read Texting so well, so what is "PO"? I got the rest. Doh, wait, just got it... Surf was the clue, it's the "Pacific Ocean". I knew it probably wasn't the Post Office which is what my old brain cells kept thinking.... just never heard the big old Pacific put quite that way...

see ya

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
artmart!

OHOH!!!:shrug: P O.....it never occured to me!!! sorry about that. I DO have alot to learn.
Yep, an underwater camera MAY sound in-order!!:rotflmao1:
Hey by the way, talk about under water, I want to C the under ocean aquarium. I saw it on a nature channel and it looked great!! You ever go?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Which one?... we have several... I like the one in Monterrey the best. It is phenomenal with a 3 story (or more) aquarium and full sized whale props hanging from the ceiling. This is up by the Bay Area (San Francisco), then there's one in Long Beach just 15 miles south of Los Angeles. It's newer and nice and we go there since my son lives just a few blocks away in Long Beach.

Finally there's a whole bunch of stuff in San Diego, like Sea World which has all kinds of Ocean themed stuff including "petting zoos" with sea creatures (nothing poisonous or that bites though).

You can enjoy the ocean without getting in it.

Note, the West Coast oceans are a lot colder and deeper than East coast Oceans. The current for California beaches comes from the cold Arctic and the current from the East Coast beaches comes from the warmer Equator. Hopefully you can now figure out why the temperature difference. This is why the Aquariums are so popular, plus they are so cool.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good info art!!

U are a Guru even if it's not camping info!! :10001:I will keep all your information on file for later and use it as I need it.

My worst fear is I will love CA so - I won't miss my kids and never return to MI! mmmmm...:smack-head:

thanks again, K

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Michigan's Official Travel and Tourism Site

:10220:Here is a link to information on train rides for the fall color tours and information on campsites.:shocked:

Search Results - Pure Michigan Travel

·
Registered
971 Posts
In another topic, someone else was looking for Train touring ventures. Then wanted to drive their RV somewhere close by, then take these tours.

KamperKaren, You might want to post this information there too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Art Smart - I'm having a little trouble Navigating

:10220::scratchhead:
Can't seem to figure out how to get to the ppl I want to respond to. When I put that information out there I thought I was addressing it to Mary Smith who was the originator of the request..
Is that what you where referring too?:shrug:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts