Camper Community Forums banner

I want to be camping!!!!

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  happiestcamper 
Went out for a five day weekend in January (kids get two teacher workdays and MLK day) to Poinsett State Park in SC - lake was frozen, I undid the water hose at night and the ranger took a torch to the water tap the next morning for me. It was a blast. The following weekend I put it at the local KOA for my daughter to have a sleepover for her birthday. I wasn't there, and my wife left the hose connected, so the whole thing was frozen the next morning when I showed up. I used a space heater to thaw it out.

Next trip will be spring break to Gold Head Branch state park in Florida. I will then have surgery beginning of May (radical prostatectomy - yep, it has cancer - but very early and I will never have any problems with it so no crying). Doc (who grew up in a trailer every summer going around the country) said I will be good to go for our next trip at the end of June to Davidson River in NC.

Had planned a late July early August trip to Bandit's Roost NC, but I canceled that right after diagnosis - will probably still do something around that time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.