Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always start to get cabin fever about this time of year, and it gets worse until April or May when the weather starts to break. In southwestern Pa. camping will generaly stop around mid to late October until April or May, at least for old people like my wife and myself who have arthuritis . I still want to go camping!!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I want to be camping too!

I know the feeling. The only thing that keeps me going throughout the winter is hunting season. If it werent for that, I would be climbing the walls!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I just, sadly, put our camper away for it's long sleep over the winter.

What I do during the winter is Sled (snowmobile), it's NOT camping but it does let us see alot of what we would NOT durining the during summer months.

It's amazing what you can see in the off months.

·
Registered
735 Posts
You and me both!!! The last time we went camping was our Thanksgiving weekend back in October. We had a wonderful time. It was nice to end the trip on a hi note. Winter is long but beautiful. But by the end of January I've had enough.
l2l, I have to invest in a sled. Around here, you can drive the sled right into the garage of your house. There are lots of trails around here, so close you can almost see them from the front porch. In fact that's all you hear around here. Maybe one day.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have a buddy who just bought in your area, he's on 10 just north of the Motel east side, in fact you will probobly see my black trailer in his driveway, just look at my signature and you will know what I mean

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'll have to keep my eyes open. I'll have to make a trip over there. Right there by the hospital? I'm not over on that side of OV all that much. I live on the west side between Riddel and C line.

·
Registered
40 Posts
last year we were out EVERY available weekend -- which included a couple of extended vacations. It was great!! We're hoping to do the same this year -- but, with the price of gas ....

·
Registered
28 Posts
...ME TOO!!!! Here at home it gets warm and then dumps two inches of rain, so I haven't been able to open Ruby yet. Worse yet, Ruby can be seen right outside of my bedroom window, which is right over my bed. So, I see her each morning as I wake up. My Heath hears me give a sigh each morning, then rolls over with a sigh of his own...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Camping season 2011 officially kicks off for me this week-end! Although I did two "winter"camping outings in February, which were awesome. I'm using a day of vacation so I can get in 2 nights / 3 days. :)

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Went out for a five day weekend in January (kids get two teacher workdays and MLK day) to Poinsett State Park in SC - lake was frozen, I undid the water hose at night and the ranger took a torch to the water tap the next morning for me. It was a blast. The following weekend I put it at the local KOA for my daughter to have a sleepover for her birthday. I wasn't there, and my wife left the hose connected, so the whole thing was frozen the next morning when I showed up. I used a space heater to thaw it out.

Next trip will be spring break to Gold Head Branch state park in Florida. I will then have surgery beginning of May (radical prostatectomy - yep, it has cancer - but very early and I will never have any problems with it so no crying). Doc (who grew up in a trailer every summer going around the country) said I will be good to go for our next trip at the end of June to Davidson River in NC.

Had planned a late July early August trip to Bandit's Roost NC, but I canceled that right after diagnosis - will probably still do something around that time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts