Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke the truck!!!! :bang: It's a long story but the bottom line is, even though I rear ended the guy, I still maintain it's not my fault!!!! That being said, I got her fixed, looks great. It happened on private property which does not follow under the highway traffic act therefore it's 50/50 and I was not charged. Okay.....that all sounds bad. here it is. There was a guy that was in front of me turning right onto a very busy road (l2l, Steeles and west drive Tim Horton’s drive way) I watched him very closely as I watched him leave the parking lot on to the road, I turned my head to see if I had time to go. I did so I went. But the guy had stopped. I didn't see him stop and BANG!!! I almost flipped him right over. We parked in the parking lot and I called the police. He came out and when the police officer showed up, the guy I hit put on a great acting job of hold his neck and back telling how much pain he is in. All with not spilling an ounce of his coffee he just got from the coffee shop. When the police officer told him that it happened on private property and I was not being charged, he was healed!!!! it was a miracle. HALAYOOYA!!!! Give me a break. I told the officer exactly what had happened and the Police officer told me he sees this all the time and was very happy that this happened on private property. I got off lucky no doubt about it. If it happened on the street it would have been a different story. I learned a lesson for sure. I'm disturbed to what lengths "some" people will go thru to screw you over. Luck was on my side that day. Makes me wonder if he did it on purpose. I had time to go. My grandmother could have made that turn.. I'm just saying..... I, we had ample time.

·
Registered
271 Posts
you got off lucky, i hear you about him having time to go. some people shouldn't have a DL. my wife kids me about having road rage, i don't think i have a problem, i just need them to get the heck outta my way. not that i'll run over some one, just use common sense and move.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have also heard of cases where fraudsters will intentionall BACK into you then call the cops and say they were hit from behind. In some instances, had an accompliss in another vehicle stop and act as witness.

Another reason for high insurance rates.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Geeze I know that plaza well..
Believe it or not the exact same thing happened to me years ago but at an intersection, I was charged even though it was the dummy in front of me that caused it.
I can't believe the ahole tried to pull damages, what a goof...
Glad your ok and that the truck is fixed

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It burns my butt I tell ya!!! I drive into Brampton everyday and seems to be getting worse and worse! I'm amazed I haven't been in more accidents.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh you lucked out! I've spent many years in the ER and I've seen so many BS complaints after car accidents. The very worst part of it is that lawyers are even worse victims. I've even seen a few try to sneak in to see the patient after a wreck. Some people suck!

I was at the end of a 7 car pileup in California about 10 years ago and it was not pretty. It was raining, foggy, and I was following a bit too close but everything worked out and my insurance took care of everything for me.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
My fun today - my boat trailer is old and has a funny coupler. Well, obviously today it wasn't on well. As I crossed Hwy 17, it has a big dip in it. I noticed immediately that I was only on chains as it came off the ball. Got it to the median, but not before it dented my tailgate all to hell - can't lock the tonneau cover anymore. It broke the trailer's spare tie carrier, and the tire went bounding through a Wendy's parking lot. Could've been a lot worse - the boat could've gone who knows where, the rolling tire could've caused an accident, the tow truck guy the cops called to get my trailer off the ground could've have charged me. Fun day on the boat at least :thumbup1:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OH BOY!!!! Glad no one was hurt! That's enough to scare the crap out of ya eh? How are you? You doing okay? I know something like that put a lot of thing in perspective. Makes you think a bit you know? Glad you had a great day boating though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts