Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we all want spring to get here so we can camp... BUT... today I am really sick of winter!

I went out to my car that was plowed into 6 inches of frozen slush. I COULD NOT get that car out. No problem I think. I go over and start my truck. I turn the fan on to defrost the windshield... and NOTHING. The fan isn't working at all. So back to my efforts to free my car from the ice.

After digging, and rocking, and throwing anti-skid down for thirty minutes I get out.

Just to join a mile long line of traffic stuck on the ONLY road out of town because a big 18 wheeler is stuck half-way up the hill.

If I had my 4x4 I would take the VERY rural roads to try to get around the closed road, but it is down for the count.

The kids missed the bus, because I couldn't drive them to the bus stop and missed school all together because I can't get out of town.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to have power unlike some of the people who really got hit with the ice... but I am still sick of winter!

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Next time try this transportation :sleigh:

Hang in there - spring will be here before you know, then a miserably hot summer and you'll be missing these temps.

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Bad morning? :)

I am over it myself. Weather here is not comparable to yours, but I am tired of it. Once hunting season ends, winter is over in my eyes. Ready for camping, fishing, hotrod restoration, playing outside with the youngin, gardening, I could go onnnn...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Me too!!!! COME ON SPRING!!!!! I want to go camping!

·
Registered
93 Posts
AB-SO-TIV-E-LY !!!! We're already scouting all the local papers, bargain sheets and websites for a good deal on a used travel trailer ! I can't wait ! Even if we can't find one right away and have to "rough-it" in the tent, at least we'll be camping.
Hiking thru the woods, enjoying nature, canoeing, Isn't spring here yet ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I despise winter!

Next time try this transportation :sleigh:

Hang in there - spring will be here before you know, then a miserably hot summer and you'll be missing these temps.
There is no such thing as a miserably hot summer to me...The hotter, the better for swimming and snorkling.

My 5 year old has already been upset a couple of times, wanting spring to come so we can walk in the woods,without 2' of snow, and see some more creatures, and especially visiting the frog ponds.

One step at a time...January will be over very soon. One more month down. For us up here, this is about the halfway point. It's all down hill from here. Right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
That kind of heat,Jon, is my style of camping. I'd be in the water the whole time.
Yah, after a while, I'm sure I'd need a break also. And I'm sure that you don't need an excuse to head to the mountains anyways. I bet that is some beautiful country.

Just before I met my wife, I was actually making plans to visit SC and look into possibly moving there. I can't stand these 4 month winters.

Happy camping, Dan

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
You can be in the water all day - but last June (1st weekend) me and my two cub scouts left the rain fly off the tent, and had the doors left wide open, facing the breeze. We all slept in our underwear and still we sweated all night.

That's why we head to the mountains - at the most mid 80's with low humidity, and 60;s at night, and cold river (summer ocean and pools are still hot around here).

Though the winters are mild :thumbup1:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm with you Kiteri, Christmas is over....time for spring!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We did go out to the lake on Saturday to walk on it while it was still frozen solid... now... winter can officially be over! I will have to upload some pictures of us being goobers out on the frozen lake!!! Maybe in the spring we can take a canoe out and get a picture from the same spot! :D

Damn that Punxsutawnie Phil!!!!!! I suppose I have to "get my hands dirty" and fix his wagon for saying six more weeks of this crap since I am only an hour from him!!!!!:whipyobut:

Now... I am not interested in getting 100+ degree weather right away, but a nice mild spring and a balmy summer can get here any time!!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your optimistic words Kev..... It was 4 below zero this morning and got up to a balmy 5 degrees for a high temp.... Yeah... I am not feeling the Summer vibes right now!!!! :rotflmao1:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for your optimistic words Kev..... It was 4 below zero this morning and got up to a balmy 5 degrees for a high temp.... Yeah... I am not feeling the Summer vibes right now!!!! :rotflmao1:
It's been 6 above here (probably about 44 in "American" :)), snow's melting, etc. Problem is - I've lived in Canada my whole life, and I know winter's gonna kick us in the arse again before Spring actually begins. :whipyobut:But, it's been nice! The trailer (parked in my work parking lot) looks so lonely! I wanna take it out!!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry people , it was 80 degrees here last week, I could'nt decide which campground I wanted to go to.

Now that was just wrong wasn't it? LOL

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
It was 20's here yesterday, and going to hit 70 this weekend. I am not all that excited though, it will probably be cold again next week, so no camping here.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
High has been 30's and 40's all week, tomorrow high 60's. Boy, did I pick the right weekend for my daughter's birthday party (her birthday was January 15).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry for the snow issues! We don't have that problem here, though we did get our first snowfall this winter since 1982! Of course it wasn't even an inch! People around here complain about the warm weather all year long (we do have some cold days but nothing below 32) but I enjoy it. I love to visit the snow but I don't know how well I would live in it. Spring is just around the corner though - hold on just a few more weeks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts