Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not been around too much lately due to real world issues so I thought I would start a thread to see how my fellow campers are holding up NOT CAMPING :thumbdown:

I miss it already and its only late November :smack-head:

So how is everyone else doing, got cabin fever yet

·
Registered
505 Posts
I don't have cabin fever yet... but I do miss camping!!!!

I have been obsessively planning for next season to get me through!!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
OH MY!!! Me too. I've been so busy lately. Work is killing me right now. We have a whole cooprate changeover we need to have completed accross Canada by the end of December. 250 locations and I just started last week. Yikes!!!! I lost my Nana on October the 20th. She was 99 years old. For the past 7 years I've been looking after her twice a week. Every Thursday I would go over and pick up her laundry and every Sunday Michelle and I would take the kids and go down and visit with her and bring her back her clean laundry not to mention the items she wanted me to pick up for her from the store. The last couple of months have been just heart breaking to watch her go thru so much pain. She's moved on now and I'm thankful she dosen't have to go thru so much anymore. I miss her so much. I find myself wondering what to do on Sundays now.
Now I'm the Estate trustee and having to deal with all the estate issues. I had to do that for my dad as well 6 years ago. His was a lot harder but we managed to get thru it. Thanks to Michelle.
I miss camping a lot. As I sit here writing this it's snowing and I can't help wonder if my trailer is ok!!!!. Spring is right around the corner.....I'm tring to remain positive here :) We are really looking forward to our first trip out.
Thanks for letting me vent. I feel like everything is falling apart but my family is keeping me strong :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
:comfort_: I am so sorry to hear of your tough times!

So few people get to appreciate the blessing they have in their lives. It sounds like you appreciated your Nana, and it is a blessing to have that time to remember... even if it makes the loss so much harder.

Spring is coming!!!! The trailer will be fine! You will bust that baby out at the first sign of thaw and the crackle of the campfire can help heal all that ails you! :)

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Definitely have cabin fever, there is no question about that. Hunting and football is keeping me strong for now. However, the weather hasn't been too bad, was in the 50's much as last week, but will be 20's and 30's this week. Our camper is winterized anyway, so we are officially done nonetheless.

Shane, sorry to hear of the bad things going on. Hang in there, I know it will get better. Sounds like you have a wonderful family, and that is what you need at a time like this, they will get you through these rough times.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't have time to think about much of anything right now. I work in the meat department of a supermarket. With Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day,it's non stop action in the stores. I'm working six days per week, which I do the rest of the year, but the holidays are brutal. Turkeys for Thanksgiving, hams for Christmas, And in the Pittsburgh area, you eat some kind of a pork dinner on New Years Day for good luck for the rest of the year. Each holiday has a big sale, so I'm a bit frazzeled at the end of about seven or eight weeks. At least I don't think about camping. When I'm in the middle of January, I'm not upset about not camping. I can clean out my tackle box, clean my fishing gear,and stock up on any fishing supplies I might need. Of course that means at least one trip to Cabella's. You know that once I'm there I have to check if they have any new and nifty camping gear. Almost every trip I get in trouble with my wife, but it ends up Vivian will tell me that she likes what I bought. It's time for bed so it's bye for now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm already having camping withdrawl. We had hoped for one more trip before the end of the year, but with all of the "other" stuff to do, it'll have to wait till spring.
Hang in there, Shane. I went through the same thing with my mom a few years ago. Seems like a really dark time, but it gets better, I promise.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thank you very much everyone. My stress level is easing now that I have finished the big project at work. I'm finding it hard to get in the Christmas spirit however. So much going on I forget what time of year it is. I've been watching a lot of Christmas movies lately. I think they are helping. I guess I'm still in camping mode!!! Brings up an interesting thought. I'm wondering what everyone's favourite Christmas movies are?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I am so glad that the stress level is dropping for you. :yippie:

I really like the TV specials more than any Christmas movie. I just can't help but feel in the spirit of the season when "Susie SnowFlake" commercials are one. Rudolf and Frosty and Charlie Brown too!!!!

If I have to pick a movie, it is A Christmas Story. Hallmark has a "leg lamp" ornament this year, and I am so tempted to buy it!!!

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I would've voted for A Christmas Story years ago, but my wife doesn't like our kids listening to the language. Now we vote for Elf (and we all got to watch it the other day).

There is a leg lamp in the window one street over from us this time of year.

I'm packing up the camper right now - as soon as the kids get out of school today we're off to Poinsett State Park (about 2 hours away). Again, sorry for living in the South :thumbup1:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shane sorry to hear about your Nana but as you said she's no longer in pain and that's a good thing. Hang in there buddy if time allows this winter we should try and get together and I will let ya take my sled for a hoot :10220:

·
Registered
735 Posts
l2l, sounds like fun. I've never driven one before. That would be a blast.
Well I'll be headong for another funeral sometime this week. My uncle just passed away on Friday. He was 57. this year really sucked for the family. My grandmother is heart broken. He was her first born out of 5. He was mentally disabled and had a few problems. I'm sad to see him go.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Holy smokes Shane your sure having a rough year, hang in there buddy and try to keep smilin through the tuff times, I know it's hard...

Just think towards spring and camping season, that should brighten your day!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thanks l2l. I can't wait to get ou there again. I've already started my summer. We'll have to hook up this summer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts