Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Road Wrap', this stuff is great. I tried it and it does work. Thin, sticky, plastic film you put on the camper or truck and just peel it off. I'll be using it all the time but I'd recomend it to anyone headed south during love bug season.

Here's a link to my pictures and what I thought about it:camping info, the stuff you need to know: Road Wrap

·
Registered
17 Posts
'Road Wrap', this stuff is great. I tried it and it does work. Thin, sticky, plastic film you put on the camper or truck and just peel it off. I'll be using it all the time but I'd recomend it to anyone headed south during love bug season.

Here's a link to my pictures and what I thought about it:camping info, the stuff you need to know: Road Wrap
useful information, thanks for sharing, bobrussell.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Bugs are generally much lighter in weight when they get smacked against the trailer's front cap. Kicked up dirt and gravel will probably go through that stuff. Large mudflaps for your vehicle will work the best but not prevent some debris kicked up from adjacent or oncoming vehicles. A few trailers will have diamond plate for front protection.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yea .. I would prefer the diamond plate -- but, this particular floorplan didn't have the option. I actually had it added to my last camper -- maybe I should do that again.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it would keep most of the trash off the front. larger rocks and stuff would make holes in it but only the stuff that would leave a mark anyway, the stuff is pretty thick.

the price is just under $30 a roll. sounds kinda high but works out to $10 each time i use it on my fifth wheel ($10 per trip). it's worth it to me, when i get back from a trip, i usually have to go back to work pretty quick and all i have to do is spend about 5 minutes pulling it off and the front cap is clean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts