Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a silver decal the dealer put on our camper that I want to remove. When you attempt to peel it, it breaks off in little pieces and is VERY difficult to remove. I have used Goo gone but to no avail. Help!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Those can be a pain. I agree heating it will help to soften the adhesive and will help. Also you can use rubbing alcohol to get rid of the glue. A lot of elbow grease will be needed to get rid of it though.

·
Registered
971 Posts
skyegirl, have you used this on decal on the actual surface of an RV? WD-40 is petroleum based and leaves a residue. I have used WD-40 on other surfaces but not RV "skins". Just curious.

I know of plenty of owners who have removed their decals safely and with a lot of work, but I don't recall how.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I still say the nail polish remover works the best, you just have to hit it with water after you remove the decal. This way the alcohol based product does not continue to work. Another product that works great is GooGone : here is a link Home - Goo Gone. My wife had some gum that was stuck by a kid at her school. We bought some at Wally World and bam the gum came right off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Heating it up with a hairdryer or an industrial heat gun should make it come off easy. When its loose, try peeling it off or scraping it off with a credit card to avoid scratching the surface. Use Red Devil/Zippo lighter fluid to remove the adhesive. If that doesn't work, use carburetor cleaner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts