Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
French press makes the best tasting coffee in my opinion, but they can be a pain to clean if you don't have much water. A few weeks ago I tried using teabags. The coffee actually came out decent and was easy to clean. Perhaps steeping time takes a little longer, but the cleanup in itself was worth it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
French press makes the best tasting coffee in my opinion, but they can be a pain to clean if you don't have much water. A few weeks ago I tried using teabags. The coffee actually came out decent and was easy to clean. Perhaps steeping time takes a little longer, but the cleanup in itself was worth it.
Definitely the best - A press leaves in the essential oils that other brewing processes don't. As far as cleaning goes, I've found that a couple of quick snaps of the wrist to knock the grounds off the plunger and out of the vessel, maybe a quick wipe with a paper towel, then letting the remaining grounds dry actually makes the cleaning easier, using less water. Of course, that does call into play what I like to call "camping clean". I save the meticulous cleaning for when I'm home. Out in Nature? Not so much. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts