Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here. I prefer tent camping but I do have a '74 Dodge Tradesman200 camper van. I have been working on it. It runs fine, and everything stils works in it, but it needs interior work a new top and a paint job.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Welcome Gordie,

There are places that satisfy both styles of camping. A tent allows one to go where there is no city, providing mobility into more primitive places that show off Mother Nature's beauty.

The camper van provides more security from the outside and the elements. It is also a popular option if you want to travel long distances over several days but not have to pay the overnight costs of hotels or motels and most times restaurants since you bring it all with you. This keeps travel costs way down so you can spend your money on more important things, like gas!

My wife HATES flying so we like to drive or ride to our destinations. You can see so much more and meet so many more people, too. We have met friends from all over the country.

Way to live, new guy! Good luck on your new classic. That was a decent and popular rig in its time AND fits in most driveways!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts