Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to say hi to every one I have been away for awhile. Lots of new things with my wife and I new slightly used F-250 diesel and new 5th wheel camper 2010 Cougar 27ft. Just camped last weekend our first time in it and loved it this weekend going to new camp ground in MO:yippie:

·
Registered
971 Posts
LOL.... a slightly used diesel is just getting broken in! The more you use it the better it gets, or so say the experts - barring problems.

Congrats on the new rig! I have a 38' Monty and an F250 (upgraded to an F-350). My slighty used truck has 62,000 mi and is still going strong. I use it for trailering, truck bed tenting, tailgate camping, traveling across country and for getting me to the trailheads for backpacking. Amongst my circle of friends, it is lovingly called "The beast" and they love having it along (they prefer I still try and pay for the fuel... LOL).

Can you provide the details on the new CG in MO?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I just ment slightly used to us hahaha you know little old lady church on sunday :rotflmao1: its the 08 6.4 F-250 crew I got 61,000 on mine. The camp ground is Hawn St park we have never camped there yet but Ill let you know monday how it was were exploring a couple new ones this year.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I got to meet this Church lady who owned this '08 6.4 F-250, unless you were referring to you. LOL.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences from Hawn St park...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well ok very nice park wooded quiet sites a little close to eachother but not bad concrete pads very nice no leveling at all. So weekend weather not so nice St Louis got pounded tornadoes, rain, winds we missed the worst of it. Settled into a nice sleep love sleeping in storms when about 3:30 a banging on our door a women in a rain coat tells us the creek is rising and its only about 20ft from our spot. we packed up in truly NASCAR speed soaking wet and chilled we left for home. When we left our site looked like the movie a river runs through it:rotflmao1: so from now on we camping in the desert in April :smack-head:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Wow...scary....

Deserts in April can be scary if it's raining - very rare but it happens. There's NO warning when it's raining and the deluges start. It seems the ground is dry and the rain is starting, then all of a sudden a river just shows up, no warning, no previews, just a wall of water and, debris. Pick your sites carefully.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was just a joke Art we have no deserts in the midwest :rotflmao1: Were just in a weired weather pattern here hopefully next months better :icon_smile_sun:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yes, I know.... but with a trailer you can certainly drive to one and turn it into reality. I thought you were coming out my way where I live in the Southern California desert.

There's plenty of desert where I live and can relate to the potential danger. Every year or so we read about the dummies who like to camp in a desert arroyo because they are low and flat then wonder why things were swept away with just a little bit of rain.

DW & I took a trip through the midwest last month and we're amazed there isn't more flooding with all the precipitation out there and how flat it was, and there was miles and miles and miles of flatness.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah one day Id love to head out your way much prettier then here. Yeah our ground is strange to it take alot of rain to raise the levels but then they flood quick and then drop fast you really have to be careful here to im not sure what we were thinking about trying to camp this time of year LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts