Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
HUH?! No details, no pictures of all that fun?! Just kidding, however,

Wet suits.... full body wet suits.... now get back out there! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weather isn't too bad in Michigan either. When the sun comes out it's beautiful. It's the right around the corner "Winter" that gives me angst.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You could come to Vegas the weather in the Fall/Winter is not too bad to hike in and you can sit by the lake (just dont go in too cold) and soak up the 75 degree weather. Its like 90 degree until October, Nov temp are around low 80's.

·
Registered
112 Posts
well our water is supplied from the colorado river and in the winter time without the sun at 110 degree's the water can't heat up to 85 at best in the winter the water is at around 65-70's. Which is fine if you have a wet suit.

·
Registered
971 Posts
It's because the lakes are mostly formed from dams and therefore they are so deep, the warmth of the sun doesn't get down too far. Since the deep water is snowmelt and very cold, it keeps the lake very cold too.

I can vouch for the cold... They are wicked cold, but just jump in and don't go too deep and you'll get used to it pretty quick. If you want to dive deeper, then bring that wetsuit along.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I hate to say this but couldn't wait till summer was over hate sitting around campfires with temps around 90 plus. Now this is camping weather now to really get into it full steam a head.:10220::thumbup1::way-to-go::icon_smile_bbq:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts