Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I don't really consider what we do camping. It's more a home environment for us. We are tent campers on private land a friend allows us to use at will. We have constructed some primitive structures. Some remain, others we have torn down. The property is typical Eastern Shore of Virginia property meaning we have the only "high" spot and the rest is often either water filled or water logged. We can normally drive in because of an older model Jeep Cherokee, but this past winter we walked it. The only problem we have really encountered is that our friends tend to turn down our invites to join us because mosquitos, ticks, and lack of running water (toilets) do not sound fun to them. Yeah, I know, they suffer from mental illness :)

I am joining this site to offer invites, or find out if there other sites we could go to. We may be able to teach (we cook some dang good food) and would love to learn as well. We are just a couple of people who enjoy being outdoors and creating our own luxuries like a warm shower with an old milk jug or ribs that have cooked all day and some cold beer and especially a bed we constructed this past winter that is more comfy than the one in our house. If there are like-minded people here or you know a site that would help us, we would appreciate any help offered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.