Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Art, I'm in Corona, Ca. I've been reading the forums, so I thought I may as well join up.

I used to backpack a lot, in my younger days. Also a lot of camping at the river. (Colorado)

Wifey and I just bought a new tent, and have been out a few times this year, and have a few upcoming trips planned for the year.

I've always loved tent camping, for the obvious reasons, (real camping, being outdoors, etc)

But lately wifey has been wanting something with a "potty" and perhaps a shower as well.
We've been sort of looking at popups/tent campers. Not really in a big hurry to buy one, but if we find a real good deal, we may go for it.

Hope to be able to contribute here, and read all the good stories and tips.

Thanks for letting me in!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome Art
With the economy what it is now might be a great time to look for an RV. Most places are still pretty hungry. As a friend once told me ''never forget when looking for anything they need your money a lot more than you need their product''. Good hunting, Gerry

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hello from Art in Murrieta (a little south of you via I-15).

I still tent with friends for hiking trips, and backpack with even less friends (this is tough to do at my age, but if I can still walk I will still backpack). We use a truck bed tent if the wife wants to camp (she will never be on a tent floor again if she can help it). We had a popup for several years when the kids were with us and we caravaned with other families who had theirs. After the kids moved out and on, we got a travel trailer but quickly upgraded to a fifth wheel. As you can imagine. The wife hasn't been on the ground for decades and is not willing to go back to it

I guess you can say we've gone through what you'll be going through.

Enjoy the adventures and the progression.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Welcome to the forum Art!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts