Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new on here and wanted to say hello! Looking for crock pot recipes for our camoing trip in a week and a half...Going to Suwannee in Florida for Magnolia Fest !:10220:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Are you gonna have a power source for the crock pot?

We have a bunch and this would take a lot of typing. An internet search of crock pot recipes and then printing them out would be a lot quicker. I'm not trying to be difficult, I just think you might get quicker and better responses with an Internet search. DW does this all the time. We also don't know what kind of food you like and don't like.

I can provide one right now, if you don't mind eating Velveeta cheese (some can argue that Velveeta doesn't really count as cheese, but I like it).

Chile con queso (Chili with cheese)

Put the whole brick of Velveeta into the Crock pot (remove from foil first, of course).
Throw in a jar of your favorite salsa (any size depending on how much you want - we use a large HOT Pace brand, or we make our own salsa quantity).

Heat the mix, until the cheese is completely melted. Stir to ensure it's mixed nicely.

On a plate put a bunch of tortilla chips, then spoon the Chile con Queso over the chips. You can also top with sliced or chopped fresh or jalapenos in a jar. Other toppings can be chopped onions or green onions, olives (any color), heated chile (with or without beans).

If using jars or cans, for all your contents, this stores for long periods of time prior to making. This is easy and yummy and turns any camp meal into a Mexican appetizer or meal if even more ingredients are used or accompanied like cooked and spiced ground or shredded beef, turkey or chicken, or adding tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, cooked rice and/or beans on top or on the sides.

Other dishes we've made are chile, stews and soups, meat balls in some kinds of gravies, etc. The biggest precaution is that if there's wildlife around, then someone should be responsible to watch over the pot at all times. You'll need to think about this depending where and what conditions are made for your camp where this is being done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts