Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's good to be in this forum. My wife and I recently bought an '04 Holiday Rambler 36PDQ and we love it.
But, I was interested in only getting a teardrop trailer and she said that was just like hauling around your bed.
So, then we looked at a 25' ultralite travel trailer, but she said that would be ok for a weekend only.
We then went to RV dealers lots to look at everything. She decided that she liked a big Cameo 5th wheel. But, I didn't want to buy a dually 1 ton pickup to tow it.
Well, then she looked at class A's, and so we bought a 36' diesel pusher.
And, all I wanted was a teardrop trailer....
But, I like it too and she is a great woman. So here we are.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Way to go by getting past all the interim buyer's remorse that so many go through... get the teardrop, then find out it's too small, then get the ultralite and overcome the "it's too hard to manuever", to then buy a fifth wheel and find out you are tired of the set up and having to buy a bigger truck and then to finally discover what you really wanted, which is a not-too-small diesel pusher. You saved yourselves a lot of time and money in the process!

Now all you need is a "toad" (towed vehicle). You setup and park your RV and drive around for shopping and sight-seeing in the towable.

You will still have lots to learn about the tricks on maintaining and using the RV systems. If you are not handy at the house, you'll find you'll develop some handiness using the RV from necessity. Fear not, ask for help and hints and there are many who can help. This has certainly helped me and greatly increased my confidence using my rig combination (Truck and 5er).

·
Registered
735 Posts
Welcome :welcome: to the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts