Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone..... My wife and I have two kids ages 4 and 6. We have camped in the past but only had a tent and some limited supplies.. Well last summer was all rain and the summer before that was not much better so we didn't do any camping. In fact we have not camped since 2006 that I can remember and that was only 3 days in a tent.. We live in the adirondack mountains and have lived here our entire lives so we are crazy not to be out enjoying it more... We love to ride atv's and snowmobiles as well as hike and boat.. I have been wanting to do more camping but our air mattress is shot and I don't want to sleep on the ground anymore. Plus setting up a tent and all the stuff that goes with it just dosn't appeal to me like it used to..

This summer I would like to take my wife and kids camping ALOT more than we have in the past... So I just bought a good used starcraft pop up camper.. I think it will be great for us to get started.. Its small and light enough that we can tow it with my wifes van so we are not locked into taking my truck all the time and its a great way for us to start... If we use it alot and enjoy it, maybe in the next year or two I'll pick up something bigger...

We plan to do alot of local camping this summer but we also plan to go to my mother and father in laws summer home in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia for a couple weeks.. Its 1000 miles and about 18 hours away and rather than stay in a hotel, Id like to pull the camper and stay in that on our way up and probably set it up in the yard and stay in it while we are up there.. Then we also plan to go to disney world next spring and I'd like to, once again bring the camper and stay at the disney camp ground like I did when I was a kid.... Having a small pop up will allow us to tow it with the van and that will give us a more comfortable, roomier vehicle to travel in... As you can probably tell, Im quite excited about this new camper and my families new hobby....... Can't wait to get started and do some camping...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome aboard. Make sure to bring the camera, and make sure to get the kids involved in setting up the camper. They are never too young to learn to camp safely.

Enjoy.

Jack

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome to the board from a fellow camper, sledder & ATV'er...

Have fun on the Cape, I hear its gorgeous

·
Registered
735 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts