Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Just found this forum today and decided to join. A little about myself. Our family has turbo charged through the camping evolution. We started with a tent last July. Bought a popup after 2 outings in the tent. We camped about 9 weekends from last August til the campgrounds closed. We took out the popup last weekend and 3 days later bought a 26 foot travel trailer. We are not new to camping in general, but as far as family camping goes we are just past our 1st year. Looking forward to the forum.

·
Registered
162 Posts
welcome

It sounds like before the season's over you''ll probably have a 40 ft 5ver ha ha. We started with a small, as in 17 ft, toy hauler and a year later we traded up to a 21 ft toy hauler. You definately move fast. Good luck and keep us up on your experiences, happy camping, Gerry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gerry. I certainly hope not on the 40 footer, haha. This one is gonna have to last a few years. We probably would have started in something a little bigger than the popup but we didn't have a vehicle to pull anything more than that at the time.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yup, most of us have enjoyed the evolution of camping. For us it was cabin tents, then backpack tents (to get farther away from the crowds), then a popup until the kids moved out, then back to backpacking for me and tent camping for me and the wife, then a 30' trailer and finally a 38' fifth wheel. I now still backpack, tent camp, RV camp and added a Truck Bed tent cuz the wife doesn't like to camp on the ground.

I hope we never stop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome aboard. Where have you camped in Wisconsin that you'd recommend to me an Illinois resident? Again, good to have you here. SongBird

1 - 6 of 6 Posts