Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Love the Smokies.... the hills in the morning fog and the blue green hues are absolutely beautiful.

My wife and I drove through them back in '02 and '03 and even though we have been back East a couple of times we can't seem to get back to them. I hope you post some pictures!

·
Registered
19 Posts
The TN foothills is one of my favorite areas to travel. I especially love Cades Cove and Roan Mtn State Park,
If you want an experience like no other in Cades Cove, take the right up the one way gravel road just before you start to get on the loop. It is about 10 miles of a winding gravel road that works it's way up Rich Mtn. It comes out of the park just outside of Townsend near the Davey Crockett Riding Stables (not promoting these stables at all!) It's an experience I will never forget, thought for sure I would see a bear, but...NO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On one of our visits to the area we took that road. It was interesting and I too kept expecting to see bear or deer, but no such luck. A view of the cove was beautiful. Each season has its own beauty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.