Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
from Oregon

We are native also and yes it has been a bit damp but it's sure green too. Gotta have rain for green. Welcome

·
Registered
107 Posts
X2 on the raining and cold. Just came back from Tacoma to Atlanta via OR, CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, MS, AL.... The skies literally cleared to cloudless, bright sun once I turned left in CA.
Still, even while gray and rainy, I still liked the OR, Northern CA country side. BTW, there is a great little B&B in Wolf Creek OR....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We spent a week this fall in Canyonville (Seven Feathers RV Resort). We weren't too far from Wolf Creek but didn't make it there. I just googled it and it looks like a neat place to visit. We hope to get back to Canyonville next year. We'll make a point of visiting Wolf Creek!

·
Registered
107 Posts
We spent a week this fall in Canyonville (Seven Feathers RV Resort). We weren't too far from Wolf Creek but didn't make it there. I just googled it and it looks like a neat place to visit. We hope to get back to Canyonville next year. We'll make a point of visiting Wolf Creek!
Don't know much about Wolf Creek the town. I basically went straight to the Wolf Creek Inn where I spent a night during my cross country trip. Sounds like you camp in an RV so staying at the inn would not be of interest to you. However, the inn is quite interesting and I think it might be fun to visit. For sure it was an excellent place to spend a restful night :thumbup1:

I was tent camping as weather permitted and it did not permit it during all of my trip :thumbdown:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Wolf Creek Inn is one of the main attractions, but there are some other points of interest in Wolf Creek.

We enjoyed our stay in Southern Oregon this year and are planning to go back next year.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I live in Southern California. Not much rain here. It's mostly desert. We "legally" steal our water from several other places and use aqueducts to put it where it didn't exist before. We have ruined several ecosystems by doing this.

It's still mostly brown and desert-like except where we've installed lawns and sprinkler systems to use this stolen water to keep them green, then pay someone else huge sums of $$$ to keep doing that.

I like that Oregon uses its own rain to keep it green. Please don't knock it. I like Gerry's attitude!

I hope you find you can give us some advice, too! We can all use some at one time or another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.