Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I'm 23 years old and my boyfriend and I are planning a camping trip for this summer.

I have a couple of general questions that may sound silly to some of you experienced campers, but I have no idea what I'm doing!

So we've reserved a non-electric campsite, which is fine because we're tent camping and I was hoping to do most/all of our meals over the firepit anyways. But now that I'm looking up camping recipes, I see people mentioning coals. Do I have to buy coals in order to cook my food? If so, how much should I buy for a full week of camping?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
312 Posts
It may depend on where you are camping and how accessible firewood is there. Some people love using coals for cooking, especially Dutch Oven type recipes. It is really about how YOU want to do it, unless the campgrounds has any special rules.

Just in case, I always have an alternative way to cook, including a little Coleman stove and more recently a Jetboil for quick and easy stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.