Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself...Long time camper, well 15 years, maybe not so long for many of you. Feels like a long time as I look back. 28 foot Dutchman T.T. on the back of the Suburban. Civil War reenactor (I know, I'm weird) which has taken the family all over the eastern seaboard to different events and anything historic. Live in Parrish, FL which is just south of Tampa. I look forward to learning from ya'll.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Living in California and only being back East a few times, I'd like to see more on Civil War reenactments. On one of our adventures we were driving on some road and saw reenactors in preparation but our schedule did not allow us to stop and see it. So I don't think it's weird. It's U.S. history of a very sensitive time of this country's development and I appreciate the effort of our citizens who keep it relevant and not forgotten.

I hope you post your participation and maybe one of these days, I'll see one in action. DW and I dream of seeing the granddaddy of them all - Gettysburg.

I am aware the campgrounds are full with reenactors and visitors wherever these occur. One of these days.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
hello-- Civil war reenactment is fascinating. A lot of time and effort go into those things. It's a major part of our culture. Keep up the good work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts