Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post..so I'll try to to be brief. Just sold 2009 Gulfstream 29fks..downsized to a 1996 20' Wilderness in outstanding condition. My wife and I decided to upgrade and customise to our taste....and have done so to interior. Ive had the brakes,barrings done and purchased new set of four tires.Replced hand crank with an overkill electric tongue jack..In fact..Its better than new, (except), ..I dislike the green and purple stripe that travels around the center of the travel trailer. Can anyone give me advice .....Is vynal stripping the best route...or paint it?...If Painting is the best solution..what kind is best and what is involved?:shrug: Thank You.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Prep is critical when you paint. If you don't prep right, the paint will show the lack of prep underneath it.

There are ways to peel off the existing stickons. It's a lot of work, but if you do some internet searches you should be able to find a way. Beware of chemical removers because of the sensitive siding of the trailer you are working with. After it's removed, then you can decide what you want to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts