Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Oregon, Just looking at my map looking for a good camping trip that we can take on one tank of fuel (about 250 miles) and wondering how may others are feeling the fuel prices cutting into there camping plans this year.
G & K

·
Registered
971 Posts
It's been putting a damper on our trailering trips. I've done tent camping and I'm getting ready to do a backpack, but I try and cut the costs everywhere to keep it in perspective, you know like, Budweiser Lite instead of Heineken, and weiners instead of bratwurst, and closer trips for now until I get used to the price.

Hang in there, it might never change. We'll just have to get used to it or not use their fuel to get the price back down.

·
Registered
162 Posts
close to home camping

The trouble you might have is deciding. There are quite a few on the Oregon coast but another I would suggest is Cascadia on the south Santiam a few miles east of Sweet Home.

·
Registered
82 Posts
you will not have trouble finding places to camp in oregon,do you dry camp?
or are you looking for full hookup?
what ever the case may be,finding a place is simple,just open up your map,or your g.p.s and go.:welcome:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Also if you belong to AAA they have great booklets for camping that list many great places with an accurate description of the facilities for different regions with one for Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts