Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow campers. I found this forum and it sure looks great, with alot of knowledge. My lovely wife and I bought a camper trailor last year (30' 2011 Conquest, Gulf Stream) and we used it as much as possible last year. We live in Nova Scotia and are moving to the Yukon sometime this year. We have never had a camper before, we always tented it. I am trying to find some information on our wter heater Anode. I bought one and it seems as though the thread pattern on it is incorrect, I assumed they would be all the same. Anyways, I hope to participate in this forum alot. Cheers all :10220:

·
Registered
162 Posts
water heater anode

Welcome
I would think the water heater would have a name on it somewhere if you can find it give them a call or google the company then send an email. My toy hauler WH's anode takes a 1 1/16th wrench to get out but has a very course thread I assume to be a pipe thread because it is self sealing. I take mine out at the end of our season to drain the WH for winter. It will gradually eat away over a few years and have to be replaced but I would think they'd be pretty standard. Did you buy from a dealer, if so ask them.:welcome:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Find out your WH's heater's brand and model to find a replacement. There is a possibility the fitting is corroded or the prior anode was improperly installed causing the fitting to get messed up. I hope the former is the case and if you have the right anode it should go back in just fine. It's very important to get the right anode because the lengths could be different and you want the correct length for your water heater.

btw - To prevent confusion you probably want to start calling your camper trailer a "trailer" for short and not a "camper". When using short terms Camper is typically used to refer to the RV that fits on a truck bed. From your description I think trailer is the proper term. This is only important because different types of RVs can have different types of Water heaters, etc. and just enough difference to confuse some of us. For example, I currently have a 5er, or Fifth wheel, which is the short form of Fifth Wheel Camper Trailer.

Anyway, congrats on the new rig and I hope you tell us all about your ambitious trip from one end of Canada to the other. That sounds like a wonderful trip! You'll definitely want a working water heater. You've got a lot of learning for all systems in that rig. I hope all goes well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all so much for the advice. Sorry about the wrong terms, still getting used to the "lingo" I have a 30" trailor.

I will keep ya updated on my trip acorss Canada.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts