Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is my first post to the forum. We just purchased our first camper, a 28ft Wave. We are looking to forward to using it in the spring and creating great family memories.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welcome from another New Jersey-an. Is that spelled right? Spell check told me to do it that way.:smack-head:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Congrats! I figured yall were snowed in up there now, they are still selling campers this time of year?
Just a light dusting so far. Cold as hell and windy. I thought the house was coming off the foundation last night. Not in a big hurry for snow, know it's coming.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Another good reason to live in southern California.

Because of earthquakes houses are required to be bolted to the foundation to prevent being shaken off it. The good news is if this same house was where there were strong winds, it could not be shaken or blown off the foundation. The bad news is that the house would be turned into toothpicks if the wind was strong enough.

I'll stay in California, thank you very much. I've learned to not worry about Earthquakes and gamble the house stays put when one happens, rather than know big winds are coming, then waiting for them to show up and then the house gets blown apart anyway. Somehow knowing it's gonna happen is more unsettling than being surprised. It means that I'm always prepared and not when something's coming. But that's just me.

Since this is a forum about camping, I guess when that happens, camping will be the alternative until everything gets repaired. And that's what I'm prepared for. May your Wave camper never ride one.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
My great grandmother (as a little girl, I'm not THAT old) and her family lived in a tent for 2 years after the big 1886 earthquake in Charleston. For those not familiar, it was felt as far away as Boston and Chicago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts