Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically that's my question, have you ever took anyone with you camping and they ended up hating it ?

Last couple of days my dh has been off from work and it has been beautiful here so we decided to go to our local state park and camp just to get away...while hooking up the tt, our neighbors came over and we got to talking , we have been neighbors for 26 years and consider ourself friends, anyhow they were off the week too so we invited them to come on up and stay with us a couple of nights.

They came up that evening and we camped, grilled out, fished..etc...ect...they stayed two days, we were eating breakfast and they just poped up and said " dude this crap is for the birds were outta here" , we were like " WHAT " and he said I hate camping this is worse than work and so we parted ways.

Me and my dh laugh so hard because we were having a great time while they were fighting " BUGS "...hehe :scratchhead:

Has this ever happened to anyone else ?

Oh by the way they spent one full day in the tt watching tv and playing on my laptop. :shrug:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Wow, thats a new one on me terri.

I havent experience that before. I have probably come closer than I know a few times, when I have all but begged some non camping friends of ours to go. They are just not outdoorsy people, except to sit by the pool. So I have a feeling it would have gone about the same way.

I definitely would not say that all non-camping people would be this way, but I do believe most non-camping AND non-outdoor type people would feel the same way. Camping is about being outdoors, in the elements, blah blah. If they dont like that, then they aint gonna like camping. If you want to watch tv all day, stay at home. If you want a change from home, rent a hotel room :shrug:

Speaking of that. I was asking someone the other day. What is it with the camping people, probably full timers I am guessing, that I always see parked at the campground in their motorhome, but they never come out of it. It see this at least once every time we camp.

They dont come out to cook, no campfire, nothing?? Whats the point? Do they just get tired of it after a while? If I got tired of doing all that stuff, I wouldnt see the need to camp anymore. My only other guess would be that there not so much into the camping, just traveling from place to place and staying at the campground cause its cheaper??

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
If I'm in my camper during the day, I'm:

1. getting out of the rain
2. fixing a meal (rarely inside)
3. eating a meal (rarely inside)
4. changing my clothes
5. not making noise outside because it's still early
6. using the facilities
7. maybe taking a nap
8. running inside to answer the cell phone because some bozo is calling
9. setting up or breaking down

I've never understood the hibernators either. Why not just sit in your camper in your backyard and save more money?

Terri, at least your lucky enough that they didn't ride with you. Either they would have ended up whining about still being there or whining for you to take them home.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I'm in my camper during the day, I'm:

1. getting out of the rain
2. fixing a meal (rarely inside)
3. eating a meal (rarely inside)
4. changing my clothes
5. not making noise outside because it's still early
6. using the facilities
7. maybe taking a nap
8. running inside to answer the cell phone because some bozo is calling
9. setting up or breaking down

I've never understood the hibernators either. Why not just sit in your camper in your backyard and save more money?

Terri, at least your lucky enough that they didn't ride with you. Either they would have ended up whining about still being there or whining for you to take them home.

Number 8 is my favorite ! :D

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
You hit it right on happiest! #8, shoot, they are lucky if I first of all get signal, let alone answer it :rotflmao1:

We always see the hibernators too, drives me nuts. I just dont see the point. Last summer we had a "boys" camping trip for a few days. We were having a pretty good time, throwing horseshoes, playing poker, cooking, watching ballgames outside, you know boys will be boys.

Well, this big motorhome parked right beside us, and they were an older couple. We tried to talk to them, but they more or less just gave us that look. We saw them 2 times the whole trip outside the camper, both of which was to get in the car to go somewhere. They never built a fire, never cooked, no lights, no chairs, nothing.

I have to say we were pretty loud, considering we hung up spotlights in the trees aiming down so we could see our horseshoe pits. We threw shoes till about 1am. I know they hated us.

Well the next day, we were out throwing shoes about 9am or so, drinking, um, coffee, yeah, thats what it was :no:, and the ranger pulls up. Everyone is scrounging around trying to hide the evidence. Well he pulls out the big notebook and starts talking to 2 guys that are with us. I was at the other end, thinking this is it, we are getting kicked out. He handed a friend of mine the notebook and all I heard was, I really hate to ask yall to.... This was only friday, we had lots of time left. So I ran down there with a little attitude in hand saying hey whats the problem etc etc. Anyway, it was a stupid survey they wanted some campers to fill out about the campground. Sheeeeww, I was relieved. I just knew the neighbors had all they could stand and got us kicked out.

·
Registered
483 Posts
hehehehe I think we all have been there once or twice ctfortner....

Terri, I have some in-laws that I have concidered aksing if they would like to join us but I just KNOW that it would end up the way you described...

Soooooooooo I have NEVER asked them :rotflmao1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts