Grilled Mustard Ham and Pineapple Sandwiches Recipe is a great camping/grill recipe.
olive oil, for greasing
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
4 ham steaks (about 600g)
salt and pepper, to taste
4 slices fresh pineapple, peeled, halved
8 slices ciabatta
8 lettuce leaves, washed, trimmed
50 g snow pea sprouts
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
extra Dijon mustard, to serve
1. Brush a chargrill with olive oil to lightly grease and preheat on medium-high.
2. Combine the mustard, brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small bowl.
3. Brush the ham steaks on both sides with the mustard mixture and cook on the preheated chargrill for 2 minutes on each side or until heated through.
4. Halve the ham steaks, season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
5. Cook the pineapple slices on the preheated chargrill for 2 minutes on each side or until just warmed through.
6. Toast or chargrill the sliced bread until golden.
7. Top each slice of toasted bread with lettuce, snow pea sprouts, a warm ham steak, a pineapple slice and red onion. Serve with extra mustard.