Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my 19 year old son was about 8 we started working on as many Texas state parks as we could. I think we have camped at around 15. Then around 6 years ago we discovered the joy of canoe camping. We love to do river trips, camping on sand bars. I've started to document some of them with a youtube channel.
Texas River Runners - YouTube
Looking forward to the discussion.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Canoe camping is often overlooked, IMO;
It, too, can be fun, and opens up fishing as another way to enhance meals, as long as folks are not in it primarily for the thrill of whitewater...(which can be a true rush). (pun intended).

Enjoy!

Reactions: TXRiverRunner

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It, too, can be fun, and opens up fishing as another way to enhance meals, as long as folks are not in it primarily for the thrill of whitewater...(which can be a true rush). (pun intended).

Enjoy!
Exactly! You can camp in places that you could otherwise not get to, and you can take a lot of gear that you can't in backpacking. We primarily do it for the camping experience, but the canoeing part is also a lot of fun. It adds a whole new level of planning to the equation. Which is also part of the fun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Enjoy!
Here is a short (2 minute) video of a trip I did with my youngest son on the Neches River in east Texas. We had a blast!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts