Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4-6 fresh fish filets walleye or smallie
4-6 Cloves garlic sliced
1 whole lemon quartered
A double handful of cilantro
Salt and pepper

Put the filets in aluminum foil. Salt and pepper each side. Slice the sprinkle garlic cloves on on the fish. Now shred the cilantro and put on fish. Squeeze the lemon quarters on the fish. Seal the foil and bake on hot coals for 25 minutes.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
We love walleye, will definitely try this recipe out. There is not much better than fresh caught walleye.

We typicall bake it using different seasonings, never tried it on the grill like this.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Camping Extraordinaire
159 Posts
It's hard to find walleye down here (TN), but when we vist family in MN we have it-that recipe sounds great! We usually ust bread it and then lightly fry it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I love walleye. Like glfortner said, it's not very plentiful here in Tennessee, but you can catch some in the lakes around Hot Springs, Ark. My Brother-in-Law got me hooked a few years back when they lived in Cheyenne, WY. Great tasting fish. He uses Louisana fish fry and deep fries them. I'm ready to try out this receipe on our next walleye fishing trip. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
367 Posts
That Garlic Walleye recipe sounds delicious. I love fish, but I haven't had walleye in years. It is my all time favorite fish because of the flavor. Nothing tastes the sames as a walleye. All ours was fresh. It was plentiful in Minnesota and Canada. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts