Camper Community Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the going rate for gas/diesel in your area?

Here in TN 87 octane goes for about $3.05-$3.20 a gallon (depending on store). Diesel was $3.75/gallon last I saw.

·
Registered
735 Posts
This morning I saw it at $1.116 a liter. I think thats about $4.20/gal. I just picked up my new car on Monday and it's getting way better mileage than the van was. Gas prices was the reason why I got rid of the van.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here in CT we are around $4.21 to $4.50 a gallon of 87 octane. It's making the cheap getaways very expensive. A weekend trip in CT can run you a few hundred dollars with site and round trip gas. ouch!!!

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh how quickly it changes... I paid $3.93 for 87 yesterday. Diesel is around $4.70 range now.

What is the going rate for gas/diesel in your area?

Here in TN 87 octane goes for about $3.05-$3.20 a gallon (depending on store). Diesel was $3.75/gallon last I saw.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I did a quick calculation and we are paying today, $1.36 a liter which works out to be $5.14 a Gallon. 87 octane if your wondering.

·
Registered
505 Posts
It is $3.99 a gallon for 87 unleaded here in PA.

I live in a small mountain town. We used to pay about ten cents more a gallon than the closest city. Now, we pay the same price... it just goes to show how that ten cents was just a gouge when gas was affordable!

Now they don't stand a chance to sell gas that nobody wants to pay these prices for if they charge more than the next station!

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I am glad to report a change for the good this time. Paid $2.12 for regular, and diesel was $3.03. Much better than before, hope it gets back to $1.xx something.

Oh how quickly it changes... I paid $3.93 for 87 yesterday. Diesel is around $4.70 range now.

·
Registered
505 Posts
We are at $2.59 a gallon here.

As much as I would like to see gas go WAY down, I get a sneaky feeling that as soon as the elections are over, the gas prices will go back up. I hope I am wrong!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Regular is now down to 1.91 but diesel is at 3.03 still. At this moment, I am glad we didn't opt for a diesel when buying our truck.

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's wild Amy, we are not very far from you and the cheapest I have seen anywhere round here is $2.09. I hunt in somerville, and its not below $2 there yet either (where I was), as of the weekend anyway. Would like to hit the $1.xx number, I guess it just sits better mentally :scratchhead:

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am afraid of that too, but also hope your wrong :shocked:
We are at $2.59 a gallon here.

As much as I would like to see gas go WAY down, I get a sneaky feeling that as soon as the elections are over, the gas prices will go back up. I hope I am wrong!!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I work in alternative energy. I know that nobody will be interested in finding/researching alternatives to oil unless oil is pricey.

I get a sneaky feeling that oil will be inflated (by cutting production or falsely representing the stock on hand) just to keep the ball rolling on alternatives to oil.

I don't like it.... but I can see the writing on the wall.

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I am glad to say gas has hit $1.68/gallon here now, woo hoo. Hope it lasts, or better yet, keeps going down. Diesel is just under $3.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts