Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Contest has ended. Congratulations To:

Kiteri - Grand Prize Winner
Mailfire - 2nd Place Winner

Point totals as of 8AM CST 2/28/08 See screenshot for details:

contest.jpg

We have spun up a new contest this month.

Start by replying to this post first

Grand Prize Winner will receive their choice of:

Ozark Trail 12'x9' Polyester Screen Tent
scfreentent.jpg

or

Sleep Cell Memory Foam Sleeping Bag With Air Pillow
sleepbag.jpg

Second Place prize

Coleman Propane Lantern Carry Case

carrycase.jpg

Open to ALL registered members of this site (Free Registration)

Official Rules

1. There is a points system for the contest. The grand prize winner will be the camper with the most points accumulated for February, and the second place winner will be the second most points accumulated.

There are many ways to earn points, here they are. Its lengthy, but pretty self explanatory.

- 5 points for a referral of a new member (explained below)
- 3 points for a detailed review of any campground you have stayed at (Here)
- 3 points for a new product upload and your review of that product (Here). Please keep this to products you have used and can provide your personal opinion about.
- 2 points for a new thread created
- 1 point for replies to existing threads

2. The points will be tallied every few days and updated in this thread. If you would like to be in the contest, then just post in this thread and you will be added to the list. Points will be hand tallied, so should any errors that occur, they will be corrected immediately.

3. A little note on referrals. To get a referral all you have to do is login to your CamperCommunity.com account, click on My Campsite, then go to My Invitations area. From there you can email anyone you like with a personal message from you, or you can even email everyone in your Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, or Hotmail contacts at one time if you so choose. When your friend receives the email, the link sent to them asking them to join will automatically include your referral ID (nothing you need to do), and when they click that link to join, it automatically adds them to your Camping Buddies list, which is how referrals can be tracked. Its as simple as sending an email, and when they join, post a few things, you have 5 points.

Your referred members need to be active as well, to prevent any circumventing J, and bogus registering, not that anyone here would do that. Tell them to join the contest and possibly win a prize.

4. A new thread or post will only count if it has a minimum of 10 words.

5. All winners will be announced on MARCH 1, 2008 after a final tally of points, and prizes will be distributed shortly after.

6. You must be an active member of the forums to enter (Free Registration) and have a minimum of 40 total points during the timeframe of February 1, 2008 to Midnight CST February 29, 2008.

40 points in one or two days and no other activity for the rest of the month does not make you an active member. You need to be an active member throughout the month.

Any “spammy”, pointless posts just to build your points up will be deleted, and you will void your entry in the contest. This is just meant to have fun in the community and have a chance at winning some camping gear.

Let's Have fun, and Good Luck!

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok everyone. We have some great prizes to giveaway this month, and they have been updated on the main page. Good luck!

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Point totals so far have been added to the post above and I will update this every few days. Please remember these are being hand counted, and errors may occur (i know, hard to believe). So if you see an error with your count, please PM me so I can look into it.

A campground review is 3 points total, it is not 3 points plus 2 points for a new thread, just so there is no confusion.

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Contest Over

Contest has ended. Thanks to all who participated.

Congratulations To:

Kiteri - Grand Prize Winner

Your choice of a

Ozark Trail 12'x9' Polyester Screen Tent
or
Sleep Cell Memory Foam Sleeping Bag With Air Pillow

Mailfire - 2nd Place Winner

Winner of a

Coleman Propane Lantern Carry Case

I will send each of you an email for shipping information.

Thanks,
CamperCommunity

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thats great, congrats you two! I have used the coleman case before, its nice and works good to protect the lantern. Kiteri, let us know what you get and how you like it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts