Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I was wondering if you could help me with a project for my thesis project! I am trying to find out what part of camping is most difficult for families and why?

It could be anything, from packing too many bags is hard not to do, setting up the campsite, making a fire.

I am going to eventually design a product that will (hopefully) help families more enjoy the camping experience!

Thanks for all of your help! :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
getting time off work.

can you help with that?

:smack-head:sorry but that's the only problem i have.

·
Registered
54 Posts
well I would take canned food, hot dogs, burgers (easy meals) but my wife packs an array of pots, pans utensils and even the coffee maker.

other than our biggest problem is keeping our 2 Labs from getting their tie outs from getting tangled up on everything from trees, brush, table and each other.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It would depend on what kind of camping you are going to do...if I'm camping in a popup camper I would say setting it up and tearing it down are the hardest parts of camping. Now that I have a motorhome, we just pull up and roll out the awning..that's it other than hooking into electric if it's available. The hardest part now is leaving.

·
Registered
971 Posts
After getting the time off, then finally deciding where to go, I suppose our biggest difficulty is knowing where or what site we'll end up with, what the neighbors are going to be like ahead of time. Everything is under our own control.

Since I don't think that problem can be solved, we just keep it positive, hope for the best and tolerate or try to deal with the worst. We hope not to be the worst part of someone else's trip. So far so good.

I can't imagine what kind of product that come from this, but I guess it's a good thing I don't have a thesis to write. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
getting time off work.

can you help with that?

:smack-head:sorry but that's the only problem i have.
I feel you bobrussell. That's also my biggest problem. :comfort_:

As far as family goes, the biggest challenge is really our camping styles. My girlfriend and I prefer tent camping, but whenever we go with my family, they'd prefer going around in their TT. It can be quite challenging to find one that would really suit both our camping wants.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts