Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am not quite new at living / using trailers, and now my first motor home.
I lived in a trailer for several years in Canada, from +30 to - 30 °C, melting on my bed in summer , feeling inside an ice cube in winter.
2010 I bought an old motor home, Travelaire 1978, and shortly after I drove it to Mexico via La Paz. A trip like this certainly shows the weaknesses of a vehicle. Speed bumps and potholes crash anything inside that is not built in triple strength.
My very first long trip in America was 1995 from Ontario to the West coast, and zig zag back, using my Chevy sports van which I converted into a very practical camper. Clock and thermostat controlled propane heater, chemical toilet, and the like. In the winters to follow (-20°C) my vehicle was never cold while parked at some event, I set the ON time to 30 minutes before the event end and enjoyed the ice free windows and warmth inside.
1997 I bought a 20 ft trailer, hooked it up to the van and went to Florida for 5 winter month.
Shortly after I came back I bought a second trailer 28 ft and lived in it from April to October. The clock controlled propane heater was moved into the "28". Winters I spent in Europe, and after 2000 in Mexico, no trailer there. Except for 2002, when I lived in my Canadian ice cube. The added ice all around made it look bigger than 28.

from the page
Welcome, ezrv.
You last visited: 09-04-2012 at 07:18 AM Log Out
Posting the message I am told "not logged in".
Tags lost.

Fortunately I copied the text before trying to post it.
I had similar experiences before using this forum. At the time my posts were lost.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sounds like you were living quite the interesting life. Welcome to the club. Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.