Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
BIG DAVE!!! I can't help sorry! But I would like to welcome you to the forum!!! Is there a temp slider on the grill under the freezer?

·
Registered
971 Posts
The other thing you MUST DO is make sure the vents in the fridge part that come from the freezer aren't blocked. If you stuff the refrigerator with too much stuff this may block the cold air that comes from the freezer area and drops into the fridge part.

The cold air for the fridge comes from the freezer. The cold air gets passed into the freezer area first, to help keep the freezer very cold then drops into the fridge. Like Antingua mentions, there should be a sensor attached to the fins in the fridge part. If the fridge is not cold enough you can slide the sensor down as low as you can to increase the cold in the fridge part.

Pleas post back if anything changes or we haven't helped, yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I seamed to of had a simular issue on our first trip, I asked the dealer about the temperature setting on the refrig, and he stated that temperature is automatically set, that there was very little in adjusting the temp.

Thanks for you info, so are the vents in the refrig adjustable?

·
Registered
971 Posts
The vents are not adjustable, they are just holes at the bottom of the freezer section that allows cold air to drop into the fridge section.

An RV fridge cannot be filled to the gills. This will prevent the air from flowing around the contents to keep them cold. It's very important that the doors remain closed as much as possible to keep the cold air inside. For some, they have purchased miniature fans to help circulate the air in the refrigerator.

Anyway this is how my RV freezer/fridge works. It takes a while to get it cooled down, but once it is cold, it works fine. Just minimize opening and closing the door. I haven't needed to purchase a circulation fan.

When in transit, I will run my refrigerator to allow it to get cold in advance. In this case, I will use the 12v/propane option while I'm driving. This can be dangerous if you don't know the precautions because not only will the propane supply be on, there is an occasional flame for the absorption process to work for cooling the fridge. YOU MUST remember to turn off the fridge at the refueling stations and when entering tunnels, or wherever flames or ignition can be dangerous.

Other questions:

How long are you waiting for it to cool? Is it cold, then stops being cold? Does it ever get cold in the fridge part? What are you using to tell what the temperature is inside the fridge? Are you opening the fridge doors too much?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts