Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Answer to your subject line question: Yes, I leave the water heater when I am not at camp - it is not portable and I can't carry it with me.

Answer to your question in the body of your message: No. Doesn't take that long to heat if it goes completely cold.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I turn mine off when not camping. No need to waste gas or electric when not present. We aren't at a permanment site so it can go weeks without use. But if at permanment site I don't see no reason to turn off, hot water when you get there.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I turn it on when I get to camp then turn it off before I go home. It's all weekend long. Propane will heat it up right quick. Electric takes a bit longer but works well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just got a brand new camper and it's been 20+ years since I've been camping. Do you turn off EVERYTHING, including the tanks before moving ?? They had everything off from the dealer but now we're on our own.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We just got a brand new camper and it's been 20+ years since I've been camping. Do you turn off EVERYTHING, including the tanks before moving ?? They had everything off from the dealer but now we're on our own.
Water pump? Yes (if you spring a leak you won't know). Water heater? Always off except about 15 minutes before needed. Propane? Depends. A packed and cooled down fridge will be okay for several hours while travelling - if taking longer (and not re-fueling) will let fridge run on propane. Be careful where things are, though. I got to a campground one time and discovered that a bike had moved in the camper, knocking one of the stove knobs. Had to air it out (though I leave my Maxx Air vent open while travelling, so that helped).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.