Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we have a 2010 Palamino expandable trailer that gets damp under the mattresses after use,more the rear bunk then the front but noticed it there too, at first I throught it was leaking around the tent ends during rain but with the mattreses off and it was raining it was bone dry !! I figure its condensation but is there anything that I can do to prevent this from happening ? any help is welcome....Thanks:shrug:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Air circulation is critical in a rig. The smaller the interior air, the worse it can be. Body heat from lots of people and heater use will cause cooler air to condensate. Use a fan to circulate the air to all parts of the rig especially the ends where little air normally circulates. Since soft fabrics are more prone to condensation and absorbing moisture this will happen. Even the hardwalls will get mold/mildew from condensation.

This might take some experimentation to know how many and where fans should be located. Another idea is to open some vents but again, this take experimentation on which ones and how much to balance between keeping the rig comfortable but still minimizing temperature and minimizing condensation.

Whatever you do always open the rig and let it dry out COMPLETELY before storing your rig. If you really have that much moisture and condensation this might take a day or more.

Good luck with this one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
By expandable I'm assuming you mean a hybrid? Put something over the canvas room such as a tarp to help keep condensation off the interior roof (there's even a company that specializes in this, can't remember their name). Circulate air like he said. Get those things called swimming noodles - cut them down to size and stuff them around the bottom of the canvas walls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts