Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years back a friend gave my husband a crank flashlight. What a great gift! It has those super bright LED lights, and boy is it powerful. We have since purchased crank lanterns with the same bright lights and even a weather radio. For the radio, a one minute crank gives me twenty minutes of power on the radio. It doesn't take much cranking to have light for several nights with those lanterns. I just love them now and am very happy with not needing to purchase so many batteries.

I was wondering if anyone else uses them and if you are as satisfied with them as we are?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have the flashlights and crank/solar radio, all of which work awesome!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really like and embrace the idea of these .... however, finding good quality ones is a bit of challenge. Often they are poorly built/constructed --- or, they have bad storage/batteries.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
The trick with these things is you have to wind them at least once a month even when not in use, or the batteries will go bad. If you can wind them in the package at the store, do so to make sure they are holding a charge. If they've been in storage for awhile, they're probably no good. Think how good your deep cycle battery would be if it goes completely dead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts