Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a computer kinda guy. I started in 1978 when I was just 14. I'm *nothing* like the 'Neos' that like to do everything at the lowest level while gaming, listening to rock music and sipping on Red Bull. I just want to get things done, without hassle. I think most people do.

I'm working on a project to get me on the road full time; CounterMoon.org. I'm just one guy, with one kind of posting in mind: the technical goodies I find, that other people can use. Sometimes it's a new vehicular wireless, most of the time it's ideas you can get from the trash! I'm deeply impoverished, and do the project to keep my sanity.

Speaking of keeping sanity... :> If there was a technical forum intended for computers/communication/etc (as opposed to the technicals of jacks, paint coatings, and that sort of thing) I think it'd be easier to stay out of everyone's way, who isn't interested.

I don't know how much trouble it is to both create and maintain another forum; maybe it's a burden. I'd just like to suggest it, so the non-interested folks won't have to get involved.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sounds like something of interest wheeldweller, possibly you could also incorporate satellite communications, and techno-goodies into the forum? I've installed almost every satellite dish there is and try to keep up with all the related technology, and I know there's other members who are knowledgeable in these fields as well.. it sounds like a very beneficial forum for the community.. Internet, computers, t.v. phones.. all vital to the modern camper, after all, we need our toys, lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen several other forums with as many as three forum 'channels': Computers, Satellite, and "Other Tech" (paint, lug nuts, leak-stopping, etc).

My only concern is that my humble offerings won't be of interest to a large portion of the audience; tent-campers, for instance. And usually tech-friendly folks tend to cluster. I was just thinking of making it a "you're surrounded in tech because you want to be here" situation.

But I also understand a forum that grows unnecessarily, too: more areas mean more areas to police, and a slight burden on the machine. I suspect management is saavy in delaying the creation of such a forum until they see there's enough traffic to warrant it. It's my understanding they're not new to this job. :) And that's good, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts