Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saying HI,:10220:

Strictly a tent camper here on the eastern slope of the Rockies, looks like most on the board are Hardshell campers here, but we all love the outdoors.

Looking forward to perusing the board and seeing what everyone is up to.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome

Although I am way too old to tent camp that is how I started with my parents and I enjoyed it a great deal with my own tent bought with my money. But as the years pass comfort means more and more and I like having a heater that won't let the ambient temp get below 60*. I think you'll find a pretty fair number on this forum that still tent camp and good for them!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys,

yes I know how it is, just past 60 last Nov and some time the bones want to kick up a fuss. But there is just something about tent camping I can't let go of.

·
Registered
162 Posts
tent camping holdout

Hang in there as long as you can and then they make these boxes of varying sizes you can pull, well you get the idea, Gerry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hang in there as long as you can and then they make these boxes of varying sizes you can pull, well you get the idea, Gerry
I figure that if I get where I can't set up the tent, I probably wouldn't be able to climb the stairs into the RV anyway, so I'll just let my sons take care of setting the tent and tarps, I did it for them all these years now it's their turn. :}

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like your attitude but it doesn't work for me cause I have no kids, it's just the girlfriend and me and we're in our mid to late 60s. Keep up the child abuse as long as you can I say.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Then put your girlfriend to work, fer cryin' out loud!!!

OOPs, shhh, she ain't there reading over your shoulder, is she?

Nice girlfriend, nice girlfriend.

I'm going back to my tent and hide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts