Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to this game so I would appreciate all the help I can get. I have'nt camped since the kids were small and when I dug out my old green colemans camp stove (the one where you fill the tank with liquid fuel and pump the tank to prime it) I discovered that I can't get the fuel any more. I know not to use petrol, but is there an alternative fuel I can use? All suggestions welcome. :icon_smile_bbq:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I haven't looked for the Colman fuel for along time. I can't believe they don't sell it anymore. Did you check at a camping store like Gander Mountain or at a campground?
I'm not telling you to do this, but we used Amoco high test in ours. It was white gas with no impurities in it. That was along time ago and the gas has changed, Amoco is not around anymore. I think it is BP now.
I'm headed up to the campground now. If I see a store that sells it I will give you the name of the store. Maybe you will have the same store by you.
I just went on the Coleman we site. They still sell the lanterns and stoves, so somewhere out there there is a place to buy the fuel. Keep searching, good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts