Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
A log book sounds like a must for camping. My Dad used to write down the gas mileage, maps of towns, and highways that we used. He had a chafferer's license, as well as a motorcycle license. He drove semi-truck for General Diesel. We also had three motor cycles. He was an expert driver. Because with all the things he drove he never got into an accident. We had a 17' boat with trailer. He'd hook it up to the bus or car.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have to compliment you on the photographs of Utah on SmugMug. The digital photography is a way to make art so easily accessible. I couldn't believe these gorgeous pictures of the Arches State Park. Things have come a long way with digital cameras, too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I agree about keeping a log book with pictures would be perfect. I had a 35 mil. camera for my trip to India in 1989. I took 6 rolls of film, developed them, and had them. Now I have a digital camera. I use it but with limitations. I read the directions. My daughter puts them in the computer. I e-mail them to family or print them and mail them. It has so many extras on it I don't even use.:bang:

·
Registered
367 Posts
We rented an RV years ago for a trip to Atlanta Georgia. We had plenty of maps and room inside. I liked it very much and it's fun to travel in. We were traveling with another couple at the time. We stopped several times along the way though. But officially we didn't use a log book to record the miles, it was more of a business trip instead.

·
Registered
367 Posts
What I think you're talking about is a physical record of where you went. You could add photos that you took along the way. Then you could put maps in there too. Many times, the sad part is, when we don't do that. It's still a good memory though. For you and your husband a conversation about the places, in the past, you've been to together.:thumbup1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.