Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We make these every time we camp its a smore's alternative that is just as fun and yummy. I want to say sorry ahead of time if this recipe seems off its my first time writing one but I thought to share it with you all. I shared it with my sons cub scout pack and they loved these treats/
Supplies you will need
Doll rods or sticks we use thin rods we got ours cheap at Menards

cooking spray
napkins
spoons,a butter knife
buttermilk biscuits any brand
chocolate/vanilla pudding depending on your likes
chocolate/vanilla frosting again depending on your likes
.... Tip if you have one of those frosting bags used to decorate cake with its much easier to put the pudding in that to pump into the treat but if not the spoon works or a plastic baggy with the corner cut off works just as well.

First off open the biscuits the kiddos like to do this because of the popping sound the package makes. Next spray your stick of choice with the cooking spray about 4 to 5 inches down from the top of the stick coating it all around. Take one or two biscuits out depending on the size you want to make and roll them into a snake like form.Begin wrapping it around the stick in a close spiral fashion until the whole biscuits is wrapped you will need to connect the end to the biscuits in order for it to not unravel on you by pinching it to the already wrapped biscuits. Start cooking it over the fire until its golden brown and hard on the outside the more darker the color the more likely the inside will be done also the thinner the spiral the better the cooking. Wait a few seconds for the biscuit to cool a bit before sliding it off the stick. Fill the center with the pudding using your tool of choice and then line the top of the biscuit with the frosting of your choice. Eat and Enjoy it can get a bit messy and you would not think this combo works but trust me when I say it does and its a great treat to mix up your kids a bit instead of smore's try eclairs just for the night.

Looks a bit messy but so good the kids made them over the 4th and ate a bunch :thumbup1:

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm not a big fan of s'mores cuz I don't like warm marshmallows, and I usually just eat the crackers, the chocolate and the marshmallows individually while I watch everyone make a mess, but I do like the sound of this recipe. I'm gonna try this with some adults for our base camp coming up in a couple of weeks. This will be a great sendoff to our weeklong backpack.

They love a campfire (I don't care either way) and this sure gives us something to do while the fire is burning.... Best of all it solves what to do for dessert.

Now I gotta go get some dowels and a "filler tool".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just remember the thicker the doll rod the easier the center will be to fill with pudding, A basic pastry bag with tip works wonders on keeping the mess down a bit. Have fun and I hope they all enjoy your desert I am sure it will be a hit.:)

·
Registered
971 Posts
And I might even have some whipped cream and some nuts for the top.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking for something else yummy? Cook any kind of dough the same way or better yet in a pie iron, throw in a paper lunch bag and dump in cinn/sugar or powdered sugar or whatever and shake it up....fried dough..yum! Also, if you make some donut batter and cook it in a pie iron its yummy like this too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts