Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I bought a Coleman Roadtrip grill to replace the grill that came with it, What I want to know is the hose coming out of the side of the trailer has a quick disconnect female end on it with a shut off valve on it. The coleman of course comes with a regulator and a screw in connect to attache small bottles or a hose to a large bottle. I want to put or get a male quick disconnect to the regulator. Can this be done? Help please and thanks:smack-head:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Gas20,

Been there and done that with my PUP. Unfortunately the answer is yes you can physically make the connections but I don't think it will work. :comfort_:

The gas line with the female is probably a low pressure line and you need a high pressure (i.e. unregulated) line for the Coleman grill.

In addition to using a large propane cylinder or the one pound ones, you have two options. You can purchase a low pressure grill OR run a new line with a "T" from the cylinders to the place you want to use the grill. Some folks just get a 15 or 20 foot propane hose.

Hope this helps.

Ruide

·
Registered
735 Posts

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Is the outside line low pressure? I don't have one, but I thought that the reason they put outdoor stoves is because they aren't held to low pressure laws like those inside.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Some outside lines are low while others are high. I can't speak to the travel trailers but some PUP manufactures have low pressure lines both inside and outside so you could use the portable inside stove outside. I think the furnace, water heater and propane lines to the fridge are all low pressure lines so it made life easy to have the whole system low pressure. I know that Fleetwood/Coleman heard from their buyers that they wanted a high pressure outside line so they could use regular grills and not have to buy a low pressure grill. So my 2007 Evolution has a outside low pressure line but the 2009 Evolution has a high pressure outside line.

Typically (there are exceptions) if you have a quick disconnect on the outside that is a low pressure line. A screw type connection is for high pressure lines. The best way is to trace the line back to the tank and see where it is connected.

Hope this helps.

Ruide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i love to hear the top songs of 2016... In 2016 there are many songs which can touch my heart so i would like to hear the top songs of 2016

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks

I bought a Coleman Roadtrip grill to replace the grill that came with it, What I want to know is the hose coming out of the side of the trailer has a quick disconnect female end on it with a shut off valve on it. The coleman of course comes with a regulator and a screw in connect to attache small bottles or a hose to a large bottle. I want to put or get a male quick disconnect to the regulator. Can this be done? Help please and thanks:smack-head:

http://torjik.com Sells the conversion hose I bought. Love it. You will need to take a part off of your original Coleman regulator, so you won’t be able to switch back to bottles easily. Since I am on my second road trip grill, I had a spare. Or you can buy another regulator from Coleman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts