Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -- I was recently at an ocean front campground (Ocean Lakes in SC) and we put an umbrella up. The life guard came and told us that the rule is that beach umbrellas must be in a line that they establish. Anyone else hear of this rule and is this standard at all beaches. I don't think this was an Ocean Lakes rule or not, as the lifeguard was not an Ocean Lakes guard. Just wondering if this is standard at all beaches. Thanks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
never heard of that rule. we beach camp in AL, FL & GA.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Welcome smoret. I've never beached camp. Don't know any of the rules.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was it a private campground? If so, it could have been a privately employed (rather than employed by town/city/county/etc) lifeguard. If it's a privately owned campground and beach I supposed the employees could enforce whatever rules the owner imposes. I have never heard of such a rule; maybe it's supposed to keep things "orderly" or allow more people to be "stacked" on the beach at once.

I absolutely LOVE Edisto Island in SC and I am so looking forward to camping there. They have 2 campgrounds at the state park - one is beach front and the other is wooded. Perhaps you could give this one a whirl next time. Myrtle Beach also has a state park campground, though I've never been.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts