1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
4 Italian plum tomatoes, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 can crescent rolls

Cut chicken into 3/4-in. pieces. Drain the artichoke hearts, reserving liquid. Coarsely chop artichokes.

Heat a 12" Dutch oven using 18-20 briquettes bottom until hot.

In a large nonstick skillet (I use the top to the dutch oven), bring artichoke liquid to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until most of liquid has evaporated, about 1 minute. Add chicken and garlic to skillet. Cook chicken 3-5 minutes or until internal juices run clear. Stir in artichokes. Remove from heat.

Pour olive oil into Dutch oven and spread evenly over bottom of oven. Unroll the can of crescent rolls and line the bottom of the oven with a layer of flattened rolls. Top evenly with tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper. Top with chicken mixture; sprinkle with basil. Top with cheese.

Cover and bake using 8-10 briquettes bottom and 16-18 briquettes top for 20-30 minutes until crust is browned on edges and cheese is bubbly.

I found a recipe for dutch oven pizza and a recipe for artichoke chicken pizza in a regular oven and combined them to come up with this doable campfire recipe

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OMG - we made that last week while in the mountains. That was one of the best meals I have ever had (home or in the woods).

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts